March 31 – April 2, 2017
The 2016 Ontario Coaches Conference was a huge success! If you missed it, check out the highlights and wrap-up below.
Details are still in the works for 2017, so please check back with us over the coming weeks. Leave your email address below to receive more information about the 2017 Ontario Coaches Conference and for regular updates on all of CAO’s programs, resources and activities.
Thank you to everyone who came out to the 2016 Ontario Coaches Conference!
This year’s 10th anniversary was in beautiful Niagara Falls at the Marriott Gateway on the Falls hotel. Over 200 Coaches, Facilitators, Speakers and Guests enjoyed this amazing weekend of learning, development, workshops and fun, not to mention the spectacular views and great weather. We would like to thank the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport for funding support to this Conference from Quest for Gold Lottery. They have been an unwavering supporter of Coaches Association of Ontario’s programs since 2006, all 10 years and we are very grateful for making Ontario a great province to be a Coach.
Here are some highlights from the 2016 Conference:
Friday – Performance Coach Day
Delegates arrived starting Friday for Performance Coach Day (sponsored by RightBlue Labs) and were greeted by an amazing view… As a special bonus, it was even warm enough for some to get out and go for a walk by the Falls.
Friday night kicked off with our Opening Keynote, 5x Championship winning head coach of the University of Windsor Women’s Basketball team Chantal Vallée. Chantal was thanked by a standing ovation as she inspired everyone to believe that even the underdog can become Top Dog.
Saturday – Competition Coach Day
Saturday was full of big crowds for our amazing line-up of speakers. Clockwise from top left:
- Bruce Craven discussed biomechanics in his session Twist, Turn and Extend;
- Josh Ford (pictured here with CAO’s own Mercedes Watson), took coaches through some of the foundations of physical development and even put them through some exercises;
- Formation Skydiver Martin Lemay returned to discuss Teamwork from 15,000 Feet up (sponsored by iFly);
- Actor, Writer and Facilitator Shari Hollet led a packed room of delegates through some improv exercises and helped everyone apperciate the value of Coaching With Humor;
- Master Learning Facilitator. Marc Schryburt facilitated an interactive workshop about taking Athletic Abilities to the Max;
- Dr Joe Baker taught us how to Nurture Young Talent; and
- Speed Skating Coach Ernie Overland and Gymnastics Coach Suzie Owen hosted a panel discussion on the Dynamics of Trust between a Coach and Athlete.
Sunday – Community Coach Day
Sunday morning started with a bang as Dr Dean Kriellaars (Cirque du Soleil, Canadian Sport for Life, University of Manitoba) wowed delegates with an engaging and dynamic presentation on Building Durable Kids.
Special Offer from iFLY Toronto Indoor Skydiving for 2016 Ontario Coaches Conference Delegates:
If you missed the 15,000 Feet Up session presented by iFLY Toronto Indoor Skydiving, here is a quick video on iFLY: https://vimeo.com/152158753
Contact the events team at: email@example.com (289)795-4000 ext. 213 for group discounts for 2016 Ontario Coaches Conference Delegates. All flights are subjected to criteria for all participants:
• All participants are subject to iFLY Toronto flight criteria
• Offers are only valid during our OFF PEAK times
• Training and flight experience will take approximately 2.5 hours to complete
• These packages must be booked in advance via our events team (289)795-4000 ext 213 / firstname.lastname@example.org
• Packages can also be created to suit your specific group sizes and requirements