Event Phone: 416-426-7086
Location: London Convention Center as part of the 2018 Ontario Coaches Conference
Date & Time: Friday, April 20, 2017 from 9:00am – 6:00pm
Fee Includes: Daily refreshment breaks, lunch, ACM course, exhibitor marketplace, Friday evening keynote (6:45pm-8:15pm), and welcome social.
Steps to Register:
- If you are looking for ACM ONLY, select Friday NCCP ONLY from the registration items and select the ACM course.
- If you would like to attend additional parts of the 2018 Ontario Coaches Conference in addition to ACM, select the date that works best for you and you will be able to add ACM to your registration.
- Click HERE to register – ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED
If you have any issues please contact Eric McLoughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-426-7005.
The ACM is an essential resource to those that work with, coach, and/or supervise Aboriginal youth. This one day workshop will provide leaders with a greater understanding of coaching through an Aboriginal lens, which will assist leaders to motivate, inspire, and lead Aboriginal peoples in sport, recreation, and physical activity.The ACM was developed as a supplement to the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) in order to:
- provide culturally relevant courses for Aboriginal coaches and athletes;
- increase the accessibility of the NCCP to Aboriginal coaches;
- increase the capacity of non-Aboriginal coaches to coach Aboriginal peoples;
- improve the quality of the sport experience for Aboriginal athletes;
- increase the number of Aboriginal certified coaches;
- improve the understanding of the application of Aboriginal cultures in sport and coaching;
- provide the Canadian Sport System with access to traditional Aboriginal knowledge.
The Aboriginal Coaching Modules is comprised of three sections:
- A Holistic Approach to Coaching
- Dealing with Racism in Sport
- Lifestyles, Health, and Nutrition
Venue: London Convention Centre
- April 20, 2018
9:00 am - 6:00 pm