Event Phone: 705-303-8864
Location: Nipissing University – Robert Surtees Athletic Center, Room 202
Date & Time:
Make Ethical Decisions – Friday February 17, 2017 (6:00pm-9:30pm) – $70
Planning a Practice – Saturday February 18, 2017 (9:00am-3:00pm) – $80
Nutrition – Saturday February 18, (3:00pm-4:30pm) – $40
*Register for all 3 modules for a discounted rate of $140*
To Register Contact: Mark Bruner firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-303-8864
These are Competition Introduction multi-sport courses.
After Taking the MED module you will be able to:
By successfully completing the Make Ethical Decisions workshop you will be fully equipped to handle virtually any ethical situation with confidence and surety. MED is one of the NCCP’s cornerstone workshops, and leaves coaches with no doubt as to what to do when the going gets tough.
After taking the Nutrition module you will be able to:
- Determine if foods and beverages consumed by your athletes before, during and after training are adequate;
- Offer suggestions for more suitable food and beverage alternatives when necessary;
- Gain a better understanding of the best way to promote healthy food choices that are consistent with basic sport nutrition principles to both athletes and their parents.
After taking the Planning a Practice Module you will be able to:
- Organize a well-structured practice plan with safe, age-appropriate activities you’ve designed to match the proficiency level of participants;
- Identify potential risk factors that could impact the sport and practice activities;
- Create an emergency action plan;
- Identify practice goals and design activities that offer the best training benefits for the athletic skills required in your sport.
*Coaches must be 16 or older to access NCCP multi-sport training in Ontario.*
Venue: Nipissing University
My venue content
- Make Ethical Decisions
February 17, 2017
6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Planning a Practice
February 18, 2017
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
February 18, 2017
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm