Show us how your coach is evolving his or her game and the lives of the athletes they coach and you could win $800
Do you know a Coach that has EVOLVED their game?
Does HE stay positive under all circumstances?
Does SHE make sure that practices are challenging, and fun?
We want to know more!
Rules and Guidelines:
The Video Contest starts on December 15, 2012 and ends on February 1, 2013. Submissions are due no later than 11:59pm on February 1, 2013
- The contest is open to residents of Ontario. Employees of the Coaches Association of Ontario (CAO), Judges and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, and spouses) are not eligible to enter.
- Group submissions will be accepted but all names of the group must be included in the registration form. If a group’s submission wins a prize, only one prize will be awarded to be shared among the participants.
How to Enter:
To enter the contest, entrants must upload their video to YouTube and submit a completed registration form to the Coaches Association of Ontario online no later than February 1, 2013.
Submit Your Video Now!
All videos must be no longer than four minutes in length. Submissions longer than four minutes will be disqualified. The content must be created by the entrant and be 100% original.
- The entrant must obtain permission from the Coach featured in the video prior to submitting the video.
- If anyone other than the entrant(s) appears in the video, the application must include the name of all participants in order to verify permission from that person to use his/her image, voice and/or name in the video. All video participants must be made aware of the intended use of this video, including its submission to this contest and use by the Coaches Association of Ontario as described. In the case where the participant is a minor (under age of 18) that participant must have the consent of a parent/guardian to participate in the contest.
- By entering the contest, you give the CAO permission to share your video for promotional and media purposes and agree to allow the entrant’s name(s) to be published. Contest entrants must take appropriate safety precautions when making the video. Entrants should not attempt or encourage any dangerous, reckless or any inappropriate activity.
- The entrant understands they hold full responsibility for the making of the video and the Coaches Association of Ontario holds no responsibility whatsoever for any outcome or legal action taken by a third party as a result of the production, presentation or promotion of any video submitted to this contest.
The CAO will announce the judging panel by January 15, 2013. The judges will select the top videos from all submissions received that meet the above criteria. The top videos will be presented at the CAO’s annual conference in Hamilton, Ontario from February 22-24, 2013. During the month of March 2013, the top videos will be posted for viewing by the general public. Online voting will commence on March 1, 2013 and close March 31, 2013 11:59 p.m. after which the final winners will be selected by popular vote. The videos that win by capturing the most votes will be announced at the Ontario Coaching Excellence Awards on Saturday April, 13, 2013 at the Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto.
Submissions should focus on the coach and how they have evolved their game. Some of the themes could include: leadership, mentorship, teaching, nurturing, citizenship, preparation and fun. We want you to show us how this coach is evolving his or her game and in turn the lives of the athletes they coach.
The top video will receive a cash prize of $800. Two runner-up prizes of $200 each will also be awarded. The prize winners will be announced at the Ontario Coaching Excellence Awards on Saturday April 13, 2013 at the Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto.
The coaches featured in the top videos will be awarded with a full conference pass to attend the Ontario Coaching Conference* (dollar value: $295 ) from February 22-24, 2013 in Hamilton, Ontario.
*The full conference pass includes professional development sessions, all meals and social events. NCCP workshops are an additional fee.
The Coaches Association of Ontario reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest as determined at the discretion of the Coaches Association of Ontario.