The Coaches Association of Ontario will be selecting at least one application/community from each MTCS region to host an NCCP Community Clinic during National Coaches Week 2018 (Sept 22nd-30th). Selection of applications will be based on the following criteria:
- Applications/communities looking to support under-serviced populations (this can include New Canadians, Aboriginal First Nations communities, remote or northern Ontario)
- The expected number of participants is appropriate
- Communities with a solid campaign plan in addition to the Community Clinic
- In-kind or additional contributions
Please Contact Mercedes Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-426-7139 if you have any questions
Final workshop selection and scheduling for the NCCP Community Clinic will be jointly determined by the Host Organization and CAO Lead taking in account the various logistical considerations. A minimum of 2-3 workshops must be running concurrently.
Please Check ALL possible Community-Level Multi-Sport workshops you would be interested is running.
A full list of Sports with NCCP Training can be found here – http://coach.ca/sport-specific-training-s16547
Community Coaching Campaign and NCW Promotional Plan
The selection of applications for a NCW in Ontario NCCP Community Clinic will be based on the answers and program plan in the following section. *CAO will be subsidising the costs of the NCCP Community Clinic Only (LF Honourarium & Expenses, Materials, Shipping and Venue if required) to keep Coach Fees nominal ($5-$25)*. Additional support and cost-savings provided by the Host Organization be factored into application selection
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Recognition Breakfast
- Recruitment Luncheon
- Mayor Proclamation
- Promotional Effort to a specific target group in your community
- Newspaper Article highlighting a coaches impact in your community
What else can you come up with to celebrate National Coaches Week in Ontario and enhance the NCCP workshops in your community?
EX: Snacks for workshop participants or a Recognition Event for Community Coaches.