Are you a PSO seeking financial support for your coaches?
Are you a coach in need of financial support for NCCP courses, or access to experts in the fields of sport psychology, nutrition and leadership?
The Quest for Gold (Q4G) enhanced coaching program has professional development and funding opportunities for you!
The Q4G program aims to ensure Ontario’s developmental and high performance athletes receive the best possible coaching by providing a series of enhancement programs and resources for coaches and sport organizations. The Q4G is funded from net revenues generated by the Quest for Gold lottery, created by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG).
The government of Ontario is committed to providing Q4G funding support for Ontario’s coaches.
Applications are now being accepted for all coach initiated and PSO funding opportunities.
The CAO will provide grants under this program to coaches who meet the following criteria:
- Who are a minimum NCCP Competition Stream in training
- Coaching in a Quest for Gold Eligible Sport (see below)
- A resident of Ontario
- Coaching competitive level athletes who are considered Ontario residents by definition in the Quest for Gold Athlete Assistance Program
- Assigned as the Coach of athletes attending competitions (Note: to distinguish this role from support persons i.e. strength & conditioning trainer)
- Registered as a current member in good standing of an Ontario Provincial Sport Organization (PSO)
- Registered as a member of an Ontario sport club, sport league or sport association
We encourage coaches to be a member of the CAO in order to receive up to date information on coach education and available funding. Click here to join for only $20
Sports that are formally recognized by the Government of Ontario are eligible to receive funding under this program if they meet all of the following three criteria as of April 1, 2012.
- Sport must participate in one or more of the following summer or winter multi-sport Games:
- Olympic Games or Paralympics Games
- Canada Games
- Ontario Games (youth) including ParaSport Summer/Winter Games
- Sport is eligible for Ministry of Tourism, Culture & Sport Base Funding
- Sport has an NCCP Model that includes a Competition Stream Program.
|Cricket||Cross Country Skiing||Curling|
|Five Pin Bowling||Fencing||Football|
|Field Hockey||Freestyle Skiing||Goal Ball|
|Shooters||Sledge Hockey||Figure Skating|
|Special Olympics||Speed Skating||Squash|
|Swimming||Synchronized Swimming||Table Tennis|
|Tae Kwon Do||Tennis||Ten Pin Bowling|