The Quest for Gold (Q4G) initiative is also instrumental in delivering financial assistance to Provincial Sport Organizations (PSOs) for coach-related costs.
The Q4G program aims to ensure that Ontario’s developmental and high-performance athletes receive the best coaching possible, by providing a series of enhancement programs and resources for coaches and PSOs.
Unsure if you are eligible for Q4G funding? Please contact the CAO today at 1-888-NCCP-ONT!
Q4G Coach Opportunities:
1) Coach Bursary: Receive reimbursement for up to 70% of NCCP course fees. Applicable only for eligible in-person workshops and select sports (see Eligibility below).
2) Ontario Coaches Conference: A professional development opportunity for coaches, held annually at various locations across the province. Q4G affords coaches an opportunity to participate at a highly-subsidized rate.
3) Expert Express: No-cost access to experts in the fields of sport psychology, nutrition and leadership.
The CAO will provide grants under this program to coaches who meet the following criteria:
- Who are a minimum NCCP Competition Stream trained (or equivalent)
- Coaching in a Quest for Gold Eligible Sport (see section below)
- A resident of Ontario
- Coaching competitive level athletes who are considered Ontario residents by definition in the Quest for Gold Athlete Assistance Program (Q4G OAAP)
- Assigned as the Coach of athletes attending competitions (Note: to distinguish this role from support persons i.e. strength & conditioning trainer)
- Registered as a current member in good standing of an Ontario Provincial Sport Organization (PSO)
- Registered as a member of an Ontario sport club, sport league or sport association
We encourage coaches to be a member of the CAO in order to receive up to date information on coach education and available funding. Click here to join for only $20.
Individuals who are funded through this program must also coach in a sport that is formally recognized by MTSC as per the Ministry’s Sport Recognition Policy and are eligible to receive funding through the Quest for Gold Enhanced Coaching Performance Program under this program if they meet all of the following three criteria as of April 1, 2015:
1. Sport must participate as part of the regular program in one of the following 3 multi-sport Games:
- Olympic Games or Paralympics Games
- Canada Games
- Ontario Games (youth) including ParaSport Summer/Winter Game
2. Sport is eligible for Ministry of Tourism, Culture & Sport Base Funding
3. Sport has an NCCP Model that includes a Competition Stream Program.
The list of sports who have met the eligibility requirements under this policy are listed below:
|Alpine Skiing||Field Hockey||Figure Skating|
|Baseball||Golf||Special Olympics *|
|Boxing||Lawn Bowls||Table Tennis|
|Canoe/Kayak||Luge||Tae Kwon Do|
|Cross Country Skiing||Modern Pentathlon||Tennis|
|Curling||Racquetball||Ten Pin Bowling|
|Five Pin Bowling||Sailing||Water Ski / Wakeboarding|
Details for 2015-2016 to be posted shortly.
Applications are now being accepted for all coach and PSO funding opportunities. Select a Q4G opportunity below to find out more or apply now!
Q4G is funded from net revenues generated by the Quest for Gold lottery, created by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG).
The government of Ontario is committed to providing Q4G funding support for Ontario’s coaches.