September 22nd – 30th, 2018
We can’t stop celebrating COACHES in Ontario! With your help, we will be asking Canadians to join together to celebrate the tremendous positive impact coaches have on athletes and their own communities.
We are seeking enthusiastic towns and communities in Ontario to apply to host an NCCP Community Clinic. In celebration of National Coaches Week in Ontario this year, the Coaches Association of Ontario will be providing support to at least four (4) imaginative community partners from across the province. An NCCP Community Clinic is a weekend of NCCP workshops tailored to serve the needs of that community. Eligible community partners could be a town or city by itself, or a group of nearby towns or a region.
We expect the Community Partners who are selected to raise the bar in celebration of all things COACHING! Imagine creative ways to highlight the accomplishments of local sport coaches who make a difference, who dedicate time to the local high school team or rep team, and those men and women who are the heart of sport in your community.
Selected communities will receive:
- Financial and logistical support to host National Coaching Certification Programs that they can offer to new coaches in their community at minimal cost to the participants.
- High profile as a featured Community Partner on the Coaches Association of Ontario website leading up to and during 2018 National Coaches Week.
- Swag kit to give to all coaches who attend an NCCP workshop.
- Social media and communication kit support.
Here are the 5Ws and other details:
WHAT is an NCCP Community Clinic – A weekend full of community-level coach development and trainings (2-3 workshops/day) offered at highly subsidized rates ($5-$25)
WHEN can this happen – the weekend of September 21st -24th or September 28th – September 30th
WHO should apply – Imaginative community coaching champions that can help coordinate and promote an NCCP Community Clinic
WHERE does this happen – A school, university/college campus athletic centre, community centre or sports complex in your community
WHY apply – Celebrate your community of coaches and National Coaches Week in Ontario! Do it for the cool coach Swag!
How an NCCP Community Clinic Host Organization will be selected:
- The NCCP Community Clinic must be hosted during Coaches Week September 22nd-30th
- One community representing the region the province will be selected for each of Central, Eastern, Western and the North. e.g. We won’t pick two towns that are close to each other. It is one or the other, so reach out to neighbouring communities.
- The expected number of participants is appropriate
- Priority will be given to applications/communities looking to support under-serviced populations (this can include Newcomers to Canada, Youth, Indigenous communities, small or remote Ontario)
- Communities with a solid communication plan for the Community Clinic that will reach many.
- Any creative ideas to celebrate your local community Coach heroes.
Click here to apply: http://www.coachesontario.ca/ncw-nccp-community-clinic-application/
Applications are due by May 23rd, 2018
Successful Community Partner Applicants will be notified by June 4th, 2018
Contact: Mercedes Watson at email@example.com or 416-426-7139
Visit our website at http://www.coachesontario.ca/ coaches-week/ for more information.
Thank you for helping create a connected and valued coaching community in Ontario by participating in National Coaches Week 2018!