The 2017 Canada Games Apprentice Coach Program is now open!
This program provides the opportunity for each province and territory to send 2 female coaches and 2 aboriginal coaches to the 2017 Canada Games in apprenticeship roles. The Canada Games Apprenticeship Program is a partnership between the Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives (PTCRs), the Canada Games Council (CGC), and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC).
The CGC, the CAC, and PTCRs strongly believe that the apprenticeship program is an essential part of the development of a coach. Furthermore, apprenticeship programs can be used as a means to build capacity in underrepresented populations in coaching, such as women and aboriginals.
The purpose of the Canada Games Apprenticeship Program is to provides developing coaches with a practical and integrated major national multi-sport games experience. Selected coaches have direct involvement in preparation and competition and receive support from an identified mentor coach throughout the duration of the program. There is no cost to the coach.
Summer Games Sports
- Athletics (including PARA)
- Baseball (Male only)
- Cycling (Road and Mountain bike)
- Swimming (including PARA)
- Volleyball (Indoor and Beach)
2017 Canada Summer Games – Winnipeg, MB
- Application Due Date: January 15, 2016
- Coaches Selected: March 1, 2016
- 1st PD Session and Conference: November 3-5, 2016 – Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference (Richmond, BC)
- 2nd PD Session – Coaches only: April or May 2017
- 2017 Canada Games: July 28 – August 13, 2017