Please Note: The Quest For Gold Bursary Funds have run out for the 2016-2017 cycle. New applications are being added to a wait list.
While we are accepting applications for April 1, approvals for funds are pending. We are awaiting confirmation from the Ontario Government on the number of spots and funding available for this program for the 2017-2018 year.
How Much Will I Receive?
Up to a maximum of $300 per individual in the fiscal year (April 1, 2017-March 31, 2018) will be available to cover up to 60% of course registration fees (workshop) and up to 75% for completion of certification process (portfolio + evaluation).
Am I Eligible?
Bursaries can only be applied to individual coaches:
- coaching a QfG eligible sport
- a resident of Ontario
- working directly with Ontario competitive athletes preparing them for regional, provincial, national and international competition
- who complete NCCP training in Competition or Instruction Stream
- who paid the fees them self.
Points of Eligibility Clarification:
- Bursaries are only eligible for in-person NCCP. Home Study and Remote Learning formats are not eligible.
- Bursaries are not available for old technical 1,2,3 courses.
- Bursaries are not available for Competition Introduction Multi Sport Modules.
- Coaches must pay their own course fee. Course fees paid in advance of the workshop by the club, league, sport association, etc., are not eligible for coach bursary.
- Coaches must be Ontario residents in order to apply.
Important ‘steps’ for April 1 2017-March 31, 2018 fiscal year funds:
1. Register and Pay
2. Submit application for review which must be received within 90 days of the end date of your training (workshop) or evaluation (portfolio + evaluation).
3. An email will be sent by the CAO office that will indicate the status of your application and include your next steps. Please read the email notification and review how to submit the final report, proof of payment and proof of completion.
4. Complete coach training or evlaution activity
5. Submit final report within 120 days from end date of coach training or evaluation activity identified on the approved application