There are many coach development programs and opportunities in Ontario to help you get started or take your coaching to the next level. Here are few you should check out.
Concussion Guidelines for the Coach/Trainer
- SCAT Document (Consensus Statement on Concussion)
- Mayo Clinic – Concussions
- Hockey Canada Safety Program – Concussions
- A Must Read For Athletes – CDC
- OPHEA Ontario Physical Education Safety Guidelines Concussion Protocol
- Sport Concussion Library
- Parachute – Resources/Downloads
- Coaches Guide To Concussions In High School Sports
- Coaching Association of Canada – Concussion Awareness
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care: Concussions
- Holland Bloorview – Concussion Handbook
Learn more about concussion awareness in the following NCCP eLearning Module Making Headway In Sport
Learn more about emergency planning in the following NCCP Module NCCP Plan a Practice
Learn about coaching in the Special OlympicsBecome a Special Olympics Coach
Please fill out the information below to receive more information on ParaSport Coaching in Ontario.
Learn more about mentorship programs in Ontario Canada Games Apprentice Program
Learn more about Aboriginal Coaches and Leadership DevelopmentAboriginal Sport Wellness Council of Ontario
For more information and resources for coaches, click HERE
First aid items you should have on-site during practice and/or games.
Outdoor Air Quality
Learn more about outdoor air quality and athlete health in the following NCCP eLearning Module Air Aware
Contact EatRight Ontario to receive FREE handouts on Sports Nutrition. Click the image below for more information.
Outdoor Extreme Heat
Valuable tips from the Canadian Cancer Society on staying safe in the sun.